বুধবার, ২৩ মার্চ, ২০১৬

Walking in their Shoes

How it feels to be diagnosed with cancer

The Journey of the 'OTHER' Person

That wonderfull sense of certainty life and health, a kind of denial that the bubble can ever burst, which we all start out with, is destroyed forever. Learning to live with uncertainty becomes the bottom line in dealing with cancer.
  • To be honest, I was lonely. There were people all around. But only I knew what I was going through. What I needed, was cancer friends.
  • There were so many people rallying around me. For them, I had to at least maintain some semblance of a fight. But it was exhausting. And sometime all I wanted was to be left alone so I didn't have to act.
  • I replayed my life over and over again. What could I have done differently? What would I have changed? Regret was paramount.
  • I've never been a very selfish person, but when I got diagnosed, all I could ask was "Why Me"?
  • The complete and utter helplessness that comes with knowing that I am able and healthy, but I suddenly have had the steering wheel wrested away from me
  • I was overcome with a sense of dread – What is in store? How will I cope? Will it hurt?   source  hdfclife
Share:

0 মন্তব্য(গুলি):

একটি মন্তব্য পোস্ট করুন

ব্লগ সংরক্ষাণাগার

Recent Posts

Unordered List

Definition List